Penn Park, located east of the Highline and stretching from Walnut Street to South Streets, features both passive and active recreation and athletic components. Formal and informal play fields are framed and subdivided by canopy trees, lawns, and meadows.
Hours of Operation: 6:00 am – 12:00 midnight.
Any time listed on the University calendar as “Open-Recreation,” on either Adams Field (Field 1) or Dunning-Cohen Champions Field (Field 2) is available for drop-in use. South Green, located between Hamlin Tennis Center and the South Street Bridge is available for drop-in use, weather permitting.
Open Recreation at ‘the Bubble’ is available at the following times:
- January 22nd from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- January 29th from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- February 5th from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- February 12th from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- February 19th from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- February 26th from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- March 5th — TBD
A valid PennCard is required for entry.
The Department of Recreation will accept reservation requests from all Internal/Affiliated groups. These include:
- Recognized Student groups
- University Departments
- Other organizations affiliated with the University
The Office of Student Affairs Website is utilized to verify if a student organization is recognized or registered by the University; click here.
Non-affiliated Groups: Organizations that do not have an affiliation with Penn, should submit their request to Penn Athletics via Facility Rental Request Form.