Outdoor Equipment Rental
Can’t make it on one of Penn’s Outdoor Adventures? Plan your own adventure using our gear. We have select climbing, camping/backpacking and winter sports gear to rent. Outdoor gear can be rented daily, for a weekend or for weeks at a time. Reservations are accepted. Get the gear and get outside!
(Fill out the equipment rental form to request items to rent. Please request items at least 48 hours in advance. Additional fees may apply for rental requests within 24 hours, damaged or lost gear, and late returns)
Outdoor Equipment Rentals will not be available after June 10th
Sorry for the Inconvenience
Expand the tabs below to see a list of rental equipment and prices for each category.
Rock Climbing Equipment
Hit the rocks with some select climbing equipment. Whether you are bouldering or going to the local cliff for some roped climbing, we’ve got you covered. (Due to the inherent dangers of rock climbing, we do not rent out ropes, harnesses, carabiners, belay devices, or other climbing gear that is load bearing)
Petzl Ecrin Roc Helmet
One Size Fits All
Rock Climbing Shoes
Sizes 6 to 13 Unisex
Black Diamond Impact Crash Pad
Black Diamond Mondo Crash Pad
Camping / Backpacking Equipment
Get outside with our camping/backpacking equipment. We have a variety of gear for your next adventure, whether you are car camping at a nearby state park or backpacking in the wilderness. Most camping equipment is suitable for backpacking.
ENO Double Nest Hammock
ENO Pro Fly Hammock Tarp
Sleeping Bags and Pads
Mountain Hardwear Ultra Lamina 15
Synthetic / 15 degree
Mountain Hardwear Hot Bed 42
Synthetic / 42 degree$10/Day $25/Weekend
Therm-a-Rest Ridge Rest
Therm-a-Rest Z-Lite Sol
Lowe Alpine TFX Summit 65
65 Liter / One Size Fits All
EMS Cirque 30
30 Liter / One Size Fits All
Stoves and Cooking
MSR Whisperlite International
MSR Pocket Rocket
MSR Alpine 4 Pot Set
GSI Cascadian Bowl
Black Diamond Cosmo Headlamp
Black Diamond Voyager Lantern
Katadyn Gravity Camp 6L
MSR Mini Works
Winter Sport Equipment
Don’t let the cold and snow keep you inside. Use our select winter sport equipment to get you out in the harshest conditions. We have a full fleet of recreational snowshoes and limited quantities of ice climbing equipment.
Outdoor Adventure Equipment Rental Policies• Penn Outdoor Adventure equipment rentals are available to all Penn community members. You must have a valid Penn ID to rent equipment.
• Gear rental requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com a minimum of two (2) business days before the desired pick-up date. All renters must present a valid Penn ID card at the time of pick-up.
• After submitting a rental request form, renters will be contacted via email with availability, specific pick-up and return hours and location.
• Gear rental is for a maximum of fourteen (14) days. If Campus Recreation is closed on the day the gear is due, the renter will have two additional days to return rented gear.
• Equipment rental reservations may be made in advance on a 1st come 1st served basis. Equipment availability is dependent upon prior reservations and needs of official Penn Outdoor Adventure scheduled programs.
• Payment is required at the time of pick-up. Visit the Outdoor Adventure office to pick-up a finalized rental form to then pay in the Membership Services office of the Pottruck Fitness Center.
• A late fee will be billed for any gear that is returned after the due date provided at the time of pick-up. Late fees will be the cost of a daily rental for each item for every day past the due date that the equipment is returned.
• A $20 fee will be billed for any gear that is returned wet, dirty, or damaged. Any repair costs over $20 will be billed at the cost of materials and a $15 per hour labor fee.
• For gear that is damaged beyond repair or is late and not returned within 14 days of the original due date, the renter will be charged the full retail value plus 10% for each item. Fees charged at the expiration of the 14-day period are non-refundable.
• All equipment is being rented in “as-is” condition. Renters are responsible for checking equipment when renting to record any dirtiness, damage, or missing items. Renters are responsible for the condition of equipment once received.
• An individual may not rent equipment for another person.
Equipment Rental FormClick the following link labeled “OA Equipment Rental Form” to complete the Penn Outdoor Adventure Equipment Rental Form. OA Equipment Rental Form Please submit rental forms to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to pick-up. Once the rental form is submitted, you will receive an email regarding the availability of your request, pricing and how to pay for and pick up your gear. Availability of gear is dependent upon prior reservations and needs of official Penn Outdoor Adventure scheduled programs.
Interested in getting the latest updates on Campus Recreation Outdoor Adventure and Climbing Wall programs? Please Click Here to submit your name and email address to the List-Serve.