General Membership Cancellation Policies
- If a member fails to abide by the policies outlined in the Membership User Agreement/Waiver, their membership may be suspended or canceled by management.
- Advanced notice must be given for all membership cancellations (see below for more details).
- You may cancel your membership within three business days of your join date and receive a full refund. After that, your eligibility to cancel is dependent on how you paid. Review the policies outlined below to learn more.
Paid in Full Cancellation
If you paid in full for an Annual Membership, you must meet one of the following provisions to cancel:
- Relocation outside of Philadelphia county & the bordering counties of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Must be able to provide proof of relocation (a utility bill, a new lease/mortgage, or other evidence of relocation)
- Personal Health Reasons
- Must provide a letter that is signed and dated by your primary doctor/physician’s on their letterhead that specifically states you are unable to use our facility for the remainder of your membership term
- Family Health Reasons (disability or death)
- Termination of employment or change in academic status with the University of Pennsylvania (excluding graduation)
Installment/Payroll Deduction Cancellation
- To cancel your membership within the current month, submit your cancellation by the 15th of the current month. Example: Jane Doe wants her membership to end April 30. Therefore, Jane must submit her cancellation request on or before April 15 to avoid being charged after April 30.
- Immediate Membership Cancellation for Medical Reasons Only
- You are required to provide a letter that is signed and dated by your primary doctor/physician on their letterhead that specifically states you are unable to use our facility for the remainder of your membership term.
This cancellation policy is subject to change at the discretion of the Penn Recreation.
Our decision on all questions regarding the construction or interpretation of these policies is final.
For questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the Membership Services Office.