Upenn Recreation

Reserving Space

The Department of Recreation will accept facility reservation requests from all Internal/Affiliated groups. These include: Recognized Student groups, University Departments, or other organizations affiliated with the University.  Two weeks notice is required for all reservation and rental requests, please plan accordingly.

To submit a reservation or rental request click here.

Activity Space

PennRec has a variety of areas that are ideal for activities, and sporting events. Space is available for tournaments, competitions, fitness, dance, and more.

  • Avnet Basketball Courts
  • Sheerr Pool (deep end or shallow end)
  • Golf Simulator
  • Dance Studio (305)

Outdoor Field Space

Field space is available at Penn Park. Fields include stadium lighting and may be configured for most sports including football, soccer, softball, kickball, rugby, and lacrosse. Restrooms and meeting spaces are conveniently located next to all fields.

  • Adams Field (Field 1)
  • Dunning-Cohen Champions Field
  • South Green
  • Picnic Grove
  • Multi-purpose Softball Field

Rental FAQ’s

  • Do I need my PennCard to Access all facilities and areas?

    Yes. You should carry your card with you at all times. University policy states that you must present your PennCard upon the request of any University official and that you must display your PennCard at designated times in certain campus buildings.

  • How do I make a reservation and who can I contact for questions?

    An online form must be submitted via our facility rental page. Two weeks notice is required for all reservation and rental requests. If you have questions please contact Joe Haughey, jhaughey@upenn.edu.

  • How do I know when I can use the facilities? 

    Prior to submitting a reservation request, availability should be determined by accessing the University Calendar. Select the category of Sports/Rec, on the left margin. This will display current reservations, and designated “open recreation” times.

  • Are there any additional fees for reservations?

    Any event necessitating additional support services (Housekeeping, Electricians, etc.) will incur additional fees. These costs will be determined during contract creation. Any associated fees are due to a minimum of one week prior to the event. Charges are payable via cash, check, credit card, or via your department’s 26-digit budget code.

  • What if there is inclement weather?

    On-site personnel (Recreation Supervisors, Public Safety, or University Police) are authorized to cancel any event in progress due to inclement weather. Please refer to Facilities and Real Estate Services for more information regarding the University’s response to these events.

  • What policies are there for use of spaces? 

    • DRIA reserves the right to hold organizations financially responsible for damages or harm to space(s) resulting from the organization’s use.
    • Events must comply with all applicable University policies, procedures, rules and regulations including but not limited to use of Alcohol and Drugs, Non-discrimination, Campus-Wide Open Space Policies and Procedures, Use of Facilities, and Code of Student Conduct.
    • Posting signage for temporary events on exterior facility spaces including fencing, staking, or any attachment to permanent spaces is not permitted.
    • Food is not permitted on any athletic surface. Food must be kept on grass or hardscape surfaces.
  • Are we allowed to bring beverages and food to the space we reserve?

    Water or sports drinks in a closed, resealable container are allowed. All other drinks and glass containers are prohibited in “activity” areas. Food may not be brought into Recreation Facilities, or onto any outdoor athletic playing surface. Food is permitted in the Penn Park Picnic Grove. Please indicate your interest in having food on your request formThe selling of food is prohibited.

  • Can we rent equipment from Campus Recreation?

    Yes, you can request use of recreation sporting equipment. Availability is not guaranteed.

  • Does Campus Recreation have a Lost & Found? 

    Yes. Lost items should be reported to Membership Services during business hours, or the Operations Supervisor after business hours. To claim lost items members will need to present a PennCard or Government issued photo ID to Membership Services. Membership Services cannot verify possession of lost items via phone inquiry. For more information please visit membership facility guidelines.

Hours of Operation

For Monthly Updates:

Follow us on Facebook